POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Pass a POV object to a class : Re: Pass a POV object to a class Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:26:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pass a POV object to a class
From: David Wilkinson
Date: 14 Mar 2001 10:30:01
Message: <lr1vat057106tpcd2cp26m8glphl24i7vf@4ax.com>
On Wed, 14 Mar 2001 15:09:17 +0200, Peter Popov <pet### [at] vipbg> wrote:

>I am writing a patch and I am writing it in C++. I chose C++ because
>it's easier to use once the base classes are implemented (and also
>because I could overload vector operators so I could copy & paste
>working code directly from my POV test scenes :) ). I've only spent
>about five days with c++ but I've already fallen in love with it.

I can't help you with your problems Peter, but I too have fallen for C++ having
recently installed Borland C++ Builder 4 for free from the PCAnswers magazine
CD.  This really does simplify developing programs for MS Windows.
The idea of overloading vector operators to use POV code is an interesting idea
that I must investigate.
dav### [at] hamiltonitecom
http://hamiltonite.com/